10 Things to Know Before Having Your Car Repaired
Your car is likely the second largest investment you’re likely to make, so preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally at AW Collision Centers
- Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages. We will gladly arrange for your car to be towed to the closest AW Collision repair facility.
- Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your car at our location and ask that the insurance company come to inspect the car. AW Collision works closely with all of the major insurance companies and we keep close communication with insurance companies to advise them of all work and repairs that need to be done to our customer’s vehicle.
- As a consumer, it’s nice to know that there is no law that requires you get more than one estimate or appraisal on your vehicle. You have the right to get as many comparison estimates as you’d like in order to help you make an informed decision about your collision repair options.
- You have the right to take your vehicle to the collision repair center of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a preferred shop. Your insurance company usually can recommend a reputable repair center in your area, including AW Collision Centers.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you’re not sure why one estimate is different from another you’ve received, just ask a friendly service advisor at one of our locations.
- Choose a repair center that has unibody repair equipment and certified (by I-CAR or ASE for example) technicians. All AW Collision locations are I-CAR Gold Class centers and all of our technicians have continuing I-CAR and ASE training to ensure that they are skilled in the latest repair process and equipment.Our facilities are certified from most of the automobile manufacturer to perform factory specified repairs.
- Make sure you choose a collision repair center that has the advanced equipment and systems used to remove and reinstall frame, suspension, engine, and drivetrain components as well as provide other essential collision repair services. All AW Collision locations have the latest equipment and training necessary to repair your car to its exact factory specifications.
- Make sure that the collision repair center offers a warranty. AW Collision offers every customer our industry-best warranty that protects you for as long as you own your vehicle.
- Let us help you work with your insurance company. AW Collision has established positive business relationships with virtually every auto insurance company. Our ability to “cut through the red tape” ensures a smoother, faster repair process.
- Ask the repair center to pre-arrange a rental car. Since the average car is in the repair shop for two weeks, ask if the shop can make recommendations for a rental car company and if they can arrange for a replacement rental car to be ready when you drop off your car. At AW Collision Centers, many of our locations have on-site Hertz Rent-A-Car offices that can arrange a rental car for you on the spot or we will take you to the nearest Hertz location and help set you up with a rental car.